Tuesday, April 21, 2015

What is my blog?

As you may have noticed, my blog doesn't really have a theme. I've been experimenting through-out the past few months and I just wanted to fill you guys in on what is going on inside my head. I started this out as a beauty blog (hence the name grace-n-beauty) yet I feel that I am not really fulfilling the beauty blogger criteria. I love makeup and beauty in general yet I am not like one of the popular beauty bloggers and I don't have lots of makeup or really any skill. I can't afford to buy that much makeup since I am still in school and don't have a job, so my monthly makeup favorites typically consist of the same 5 products, just in a different order and maybe with 1 more seasonal item thrown in there. I love the concept of being a beauty blogger and posting makeup tutorials and all that jazz yet I just am not qualified enough nor do I have enough resources to be good at that. I also thought of this being a fashion blog, which I guess could fall under the beauty category also, and there I fall into the same problem. I love shopping and I love fashion and clothes yet I don't go shopping because I can't afford to buy new clothes every week. To be quite honest with you, I have maybe 10 different outfits that I rotate throughout the week. So what I have decided to do is instead of this being just a beauty blog or just a fashion blog, I am going to make this blog into a lifestyle blog which basically means, I am going to post whatever I want. I will write posts about food, or nails, or music, or photography, or tech, or makeup, all the things that I love because I realized that my blog should be just as complex as I am. I don't specialize in just one thing, I love lots of things and I want my blog to be a reflection of myself because that to me really is the point of a blog. Now that I have decided the purpose of my blog and I am happy with it, I will start posting more regularly! *APPLAUSE* So I will get cracking tonight and make many many posts that I can have queued up to share with you so that i can just just share with you bits and pieces that I enjoy. Prepare yourself for many more posts and I will see you soon.

Love you lots <3

No comments:

Post a Comment