Saturday, May 2, 2015

My Obsessions|| Hozier

Now I know I am probably not the first person to say this but at the moment I am obsessed with Hozier. I really love his music and it all started with his song Take Me to Church. This song is different from pretty much all of the music I normally listen to, it is pretty dark. Now saying that it is hard to answer the dreaded, "what kind of music do you like" question because in all honesty I do not listen to the same type of music all the time. Some days, all I want to listen to is extremely pop-y music and dance around my house like I couldn't give a shit about anything. Other days, I want to sing and listen to disney songs and high school musical songs. Some days, I am feeling like listening to throwback music and enjoying some of that 90's rock that we all love deep down. I really cannot pinpoint my music to just one genre and type, I like a variety of things. But out of all these things, typically I never listened to dark music, it just wasn't me. I am a happy person and most of the time you can find me smiling so dark music just wasn't really up my street. But then I heard Take me  to Church and I was just utterly obsessed. Something about the whole deep bass of the song just made me fall in love and Hozier's voice to me is just so soothing and gorgeous. Although a lot of people wouldn't consider this song very dark, it is darker than the songs I typically listen to and it just opened up a new world of Hozier's music. And I couldn't stop listening. I listen to all of his songs non-stop and it is so difficult for me to pick favorites but here are 6 of my favorites. (I couldn't narrow it down to 5 and even 6 was difficult)
1. Take me to Church
2. From Eden
3. Cherry Wine
4. Work Song
5. Like Real People Do
6. Jackie and Wilson
I love all of his songs and I just could listen to them for hours which I have pretty much been doing for the past few weeks. His music has depth and it isn't all just electronic and dubstep (which don't get me wrong, can be great sometimes but not always). So I want to know what you think! Which artist are you obsessed with at the moment? Do you also love Hozier, if so what is your favorite one of his songs? Let me know either in the comments below or on my twitter.

Love you lots<3

No comments:

Post a Comment