Saturday, January 10, 2015

Winter Cookies

Even though Christmas has past, I hadn't made any of the traditions Christmas cookies that my family normally makes. So I decided that this weekend, I would make "winter" themed roll-out sugar cookies. Here is the recipe I used:

1 cup of butter
1 cup of sugar
2 eggs
2 1/2 tsp. vanilla
3 1/2 cups of flour
2 1/4 tsp. baking powder
1/4 tsp. salt

1. Beat together the butter and sugar
2. Put all dry ingredients into a separate bowl
3. Add to the butter and sugar, the vanilla and eggs; beat together
4. Gradually add in the dry ingredients
5. Refrigerate for 1 hr, then roll-out 
6. Use cookie cutters to make the desired shapes, bake at 375 degrees Fahrenheit for 10 minutes

Here is how my cookies turned out: 


I used heart, star and snowflake cookie cutters. Next I make the icing for the cookies. Of course you can use a can of already made frosting but I didn't have any so I made my own. Here is the recipe I used:

1/2 tsp. vanilla
2 tbsp. milk
2 cups powdered sugar
2 tbsp. butter

1. Beat all ingredients until smooth
2. Put frosting into separate bowls and add food coloring (optional)

Here is how the frosting looked:


For the blue frosting, I used 4 drops of blue food coloring and 1 drop of green.
For the pink frosting, I used 3 drops of red food coloring and 2 drops of yellow. 

And there you have it! My winter themed sugar cookies! I hope you like them and don't forget to send me pictures on my social media if you recreate them! 

Love you lots <3 

No comments:

Post a Comment